Awhile back, I wrote about my spirit animal, the wolf. Now I an going to expand on that post, and tell you more about your spirit animal and how to find it. What is a spirit animal you may ask, well a spirit animal is a native American and Shamanic belief that we all have a spirit animal, sometimes more than one, watching over us, guiding and protecting us. Often we share characteristics with our spirit animals. An example of this is, my spirit animal is the wolf, I am very family oriented and protective, just like the wolf. https://whimsicalwolfblog.com/2017/03/08/my-spirit-animal-the-wolf/?iframe=true&theme_preview=true , that is a link to my spirit animal post about the wolf.
“Science gives us evidence that DNA matches can be found between humans and many other animals – even plants. This means living things are infinitely intertwined.
The Native Americans call this relation ‘Wakan’ and ‘Wakan Tanka’.
To the Native Americans, everything has its own spirit (Wakan) but all share the same spiritual essence (Wakan Tanka). This is why Native Americans refer to animals as ‘peoples’.
Because of this intricate connection, when your soul sends out an S.O.S. all other living things hear the signal. The name for this is the Non-Local Universal Mind.
At Shift.is, you can check out the awesome (and extensive) article about the non-local mind.
This concept is easy to understand if you think of the famous Star Wars quote, “I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror…” – Obi-Wan Kenobi
So, when you need help or guidance all animals hear your heart and the appropriate creatures appear.(“https://whatismyspiritanimal.com/how-to-find-your-spirit-animal-complete-guide/)”
You cant choose what your spirit animal is, it chooses you. Here are some ways to look for your spirit animal; go into nature, look around you, be aware of your surroundings, watch out for encounters,especially continuous, with particular animals. When an animal is displaying unusual behavior it may be trying to get your attention. Pay attention to dreams about certain animals. Pay attention to animals that keep showing up in books, movies, songs, paintings, etc.
The method that I used to find my spirit animal was I closed my eyes write before bed time.meditating on it. I envisioned a river in a beautiful, serene, luscious green forest. I waited on the shore, watching the river, awaiting the arrival of my spirit animal. If an animal crosses the river and comes up to you, you simply ask, are you my spirit animal. The animal will respond, usually with a head nod or a shake no. Many different animals came to the other shore of the river. Some came half way across, none made it to my side.
I slowly drifted to sleep during this process. As soon as I fell asleep, I was attacked in my dream by a demon. This is when a large beautiful timber wolf jumped out of nowhere in between me and the assailant. The demon ran off. The wolf turned around to face me. She looked at me like a mother would a child, with such loving and caring eyes. She was as tall as me. I asked her if she was my spirit animal, and she nodded her head yes. I remember talking with her for awhile, but when I awoke, I couldn’t remember anything we talked about.
The next meditation process is one that I found on the internet on a credible site.
“Spirit Animal Meditation Step-by-Step
- Turn off all electronic devices and make sure you can’t be disturbed.
- Create & protect your sacred space. You can use prayer, crystals, ask the 4 directions (east, south, west, & north) and Mother Earth and Father Sky to join you. Full directions on this are below
- Sit or lie in a position which keeps your back straight. This helps the energy or Chi flow uninterrupted.
- If you are using sound, turn on the water fountain, nature sounds CD, music, etc.
Many thanks to YogaYak for creating such amazing music for the world to enjoy.
- Relax and breathe. Allow your body to release all tension, beginning right above the top of your head – then slowly moving down until all negativity and stress flow out through your feet and into Mother Earth.
- When you feel ready, invite your spirit animal to come forward. Don’t panic if an animal doesn’t immediately appear. Trust is needed at this time.
- When an animal appears, welcome it and thank it for coming.
- Ask the animal if it is your animal spirit guide. If it replies with a yes, ask what messages it has for you. Let your animal helper know you want honest messages – even if they are a little hard to know.
- When your spirit animal is finished delivering its messages, ask if there is anything you can do for it in return.
- You’ll sense when the session is nearing its conclusion. Thank your spirit animal for showing up and tell him/her, honestly, if you will integrate its messages into your life.
- As you are comfortable, return to the physical world.
- Thank the 4 directions, Mother Earth, and Father Sky and release their energies.
- Take time to journal the experience. Include all details that you can remember. This is a vital step. It’s not enough to meet your spirit animal and, then, forget him/her/them. It’s helpful to revisit your guide’s lessons until you no longer need its medicine.”(https://whatismyspiritanimal.com/how-to-find-your-spirit-animal-complete-guide/)